How to Make Falafel
Here is how to make Falafel from scratch with simple cooking instructions. Following this Falafel recipe is very simple and requires some ingredients that you may already have at home.
- 3 cups chickpeas, soaked over night
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly ground coriander
- 1 chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh crashed garlic
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp spoon salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, soak the chickpeas for 12 hours. (over night)
- Drain the water and add the chickpeas in a food processor or a blender a handful at time, and blend well.
- Check out the consistency with a spoon and make sure it has blended well then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onions, cilantro, crushed garlic, grounded coriander, black pepper, salt, green pepper, flour and blend everything together. Add a few drops of water If it was too dry and was not blending well.
- Pour in the already blended chickpeas over the blended ingredients and blend everything together once more. This will help the ingredients to get mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and form small balls using your hands.
- Place the formed balls on flat baking tray and when it’s all done, keep it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot and add the falafel balls gently one at a time in to the oil, and cook for 3 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Place a cooking towel on a plate to absorb the oil, and transfer the cooked falafel over it.
- Garnish your homemade falafel with slices of tomato, cucumber and lemon wedges.
- Serve with Pita bread, humus, yogurt sauce or tahini.
By following the instructions, I hope you learnt how to make Falafel at home. Don't forget to come back and leave me a comment and tell me how this best falafel recipe turned out for you.
Return fromHow To Make Falafel page to Afghani Food Recipes